The best way to meet new people is through activities and events. Below are the most popular social event websites in Europe.
In order to make new and solid connections when joining these groups and going to these events, here are our recommendations:
- If you live in a big city, go to the events organised within your area or close to your area, otherwise you will find it hard to keep up now and
- Eliminate your preconceptions and limiting
beliefs- The people who go to these group events come from all walks of life and just want to socialise and meet new people... Just like you, they want to make the right
- Don't hesitate to go alone as you won't stay alone-
For every event there is an organizer; find the organizer and connect with the group online prior to the event.
- To build long-lasting connections, keep going to the
events organized by the group(s) you chose.
- Don't make an opinion on one sole event you went to. You can possibly make a straight opinion on one person, but not on a whole group of people...
- No matter what you are looking for (friends, business, lover...) you won't make solid connections by going to one event once in a long while...
- Don't judge- It's not because the participants of an
event appear to be " not your type of people", that they aren't worth talking to- In fact, it's quite the opposite.
- Stay long enough- No event in the planet kickstarts at the minute! It all starts when everyone gets comfortable with this new surrounding... or after a drink or two...
- After the event, connect with the people you
liked and it will be then easy to meet them again in another event to develop the friendship- Obviously, don't stalk them!